Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
The Church Begins:
Saul Begins To Preach (Acts 9:19-31) - - - - - - - Section 48
(19) And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
(20) And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
(21) But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?
(22) But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
(23) And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:
(24) But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.
(25) Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.
(26) And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
(27) But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
(28) And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.
(29) And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
(30) Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.
(31) Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
~ Acts 9:19-31 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|