Read'n Grow Picture Bible
©1990 by Word Publishing, Inc.
Jesusí Last Week:
Jesus Lives Again (Matthew 27:57-28:10) - - - - - - - Section 36
(57) When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
(58) He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.
(59) And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,
(60) And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
(61) And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.
(62) Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
(63) Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
(64) Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
(65) Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
(66) So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.
~ Matthew 27:57-66 King James Version
(1) In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
(2) And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
(3) His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
(4) And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
(5) And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
(6) He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
(7) And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
(8) And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
(9) And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
(10) Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
~ Matthew 28:1-10 King James Version
(Go to "Read'n Grow Table Of Contents" for additional Bible stories.)
|Read'n Grow Picture Bible | FMH Children's Club International|